Thursday, September 19, 2002

Comments

Seems like comments don't work today. I'm not sure why, but while I try to work it out, you can use my email, which I just added to the template and will hopefully show up soon. Yes, that is a valid address.

I managed to access my comments on the yaccs page and saw that Gary Farber was disappointed that I never responded to a comment he made. Well, yes, I try to check comments whenever I can but I may well miss them. I spend far too many hours of my time on Usenet being interactive, and there are none left for what is, after all, a much more awkward medium of interaction as far as I'm concerned, that is, a comment box.

As a matter of fact, I'm a bit disappointed at the general move away from Usenet and towards blogdom. I like blogs, I read them with pleasure, I'm all for opening them to discussion, but I don't think they can or should replace Usenet. I'm usually active on rec.arts.sf.fandom. rec.arts.sf.composition, it.comp.macintosh, it.cultura.fantascienza and it.arti.fantasy. I can easily be reached there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home